Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Pavilion PSU

934 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Morania 
#1 ·
I have a client with one of these, the fan is howling pretty good, looking at it carefully it seems the PSU is riveted into the case, HP does not list it for sale seperately. Anybody know of a PSU that will fit in here? or should I just toss it and chalk it up to experience?

#2 ·
Hi wedor,
I had an HP before I got this one . The PSU was making a racket so I checked on a new one I was told that HP has made it very hard to replace them. They are an odd shape. Maybe someone else will know an alternative.

#3 ·
I just took one of these apart. I remember the PS being a normal plate/unit/case type assembly but the odd size of the PS itself struck me a bit funny. If the supply is riveted you might jus drill lightly to remove it and put the new one on with regular hardware that will fit in the resulting holes.

When I get to a house that has an old HP, I generally figure it to be doomed if I have to open the case.

Good luck. Those things are buttoned up like armored cars.

#5 ·
Looks like a good possibility, thanks!

All is good either way, it's another piece of ammunition I get to use to have them buy from me rather than try to cheap out and buy their own junk. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.