HP Pavilion Restore to Factory Settings!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TrayX

I am unable to post it because I can't access my internet connection on my HP laptop, so I'm copying it by my phone:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name : Trayvon-PC
Primary Dns Suffix :
Node Type : Hybrid
IP Routing Enable : No
WINS Proxy Enable : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State : Media Disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix :
Description : Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g Wifi Adapter
Physical Address : 00-1F-3A-55-FD-47
DHCP Enable : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enable : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address : 00-00-00-00-00-00
DHCP Enable : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enable : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:

Description : 6T04 Adapter

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Description : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?US Providers - AT&T

What type of Broadband connection are you using:
No Clue.

What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem, Router or Modem/RouterCombo:
Netgear CGD24G50

What is the Name of the Anti-Virus, Security or Firewall Software: Norton

Also. If it matters. I restored it to Factory Settings, as mentioned, and I am not able to connect to my router even though I am inputing the correct password.
Help?

TerryNet

Terry
Where was the above originally posted?

What does your quoted post have to do with the thread title?

TrayX

The thread name is because it was an action I performed, and do not think I mentioned in my quote.

Also the quote is still my question, it is originally posted on techsupportforums, but I am not getting any help whatsoever from anywhere I bring forth my case.

Are you capable of helping?

TerryNet

Terry
Thanks. So, I understand your issue to be "I am not able to connect to my router even though I am inputing the correct password."

Can you successfully connect by ethernet?

Disable encryption on the router and see if you can connect that way.

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TrayX

It works, but I'm not too comfortable with having my network open.

TerryNet

Terry
Read the rest of the post and see if you can find a driver that works. If none work then at least try WEP as a temporary measure.

TrayX

I downloaded the drivers you selected and ran updates and I still am unable to connect to my internet when it isn't unsecured. I tried the WEP, and all most got blocked out from my own router; unable to connect as it changed into an 'Unknown Network'.

How do I fix my new problem?

TerryNet

Terry
How do I fix my new problem?
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

TrayX

Okay, I want to try WEP.
Go would I go about doing that; can you explain in full detail? I see drop boxes and four "Key"s.. I'm unsure what I should be choosing.
Also, if I choose the 64-bit encrypting what is hexidecimal? I tried a combination of letters and numbers in the first key and completely blanked the remaining three keys, and I received an error about "all zeros"?

Again, can you explain how I would go about doing so, so my family only has access to the network?

Router: CDG24G (if that helps)

TerryNet

Terry
Just use the first key. Hexidecimal is the 16-bit numbering system, and the digits are 0123456789abcdef

For 64-bit WEP you have a ten-digit hex key--for example, dad8feed43

TrayX

All righty, thank you, Sir, I got it running on WEP for my HP now.
Thanks for helping solve my problem!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online