1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vonopf, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vonopf

vonopf Thread Starter

Hi

4 weeks ago I bought the new HP Pavillion dv957ea notebook which has been giving me a nightmare of a time with numerous bugs. For example I have had to reinstall vista three times!

My problems now are:
    1. The HEADPHONE SOCKETS do not work. Only the speakers work. Even when I put a working set of headphones which are the right size, I cannot hear anything through the hearphones. The speakers however keep working as normal, although they should switch off when the headphones are plugged in.
    2. I cannot load SKYPE: it says 'skype.exe is not a valid win32 application'.
    3. I cannot view ALL folders on windows explorer. For example I cannot see win32 folder. It seems 'sensitive' folders cannot be viewed. Is there a way round that?
    4. I cannot print on a network printer. The network printer is hosted by a PC running on windows XP, but my laptop is on Vista. When I try to add a printer, it simply does not recognise the host computer's name. Before with my old PC running on XP I did not have this issue. Any way to fix this?

Many thanks for any help on the above.

Best wishes,

Florian
    PS
    By the way, I highly recommend NOT buying this laptop. Many problems have popped up for example one of the hard drives is already broken.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!