1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hp Pavillion m900 wont boot up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by agoshima, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoshima

agoshima Thread Starter

Recently I was playing a game and my computer just shut off out of no where. Thinking my computer overheated I opened the case got a air can and cleaned out all the dust. So I thought i had solved my problem, but alas after a few more minutes my computer started shutting down unexpecatdly again. So me thinking it was a virus scanned my comp before my scans could get completed the computer would shut off again, so i decided to restore it to factory image. And now after ive done it the computer will not boot up it just says windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. So itry the launch startup repair button and it comes up saying that it cant fix the problem and i should send a message to microsoft. So after that the computer will shut down. The computer will cycle through this process unless i click diagnose or system restore at the hp screen by hitting f11, f10, f9, or esc. The screen then goes to a recovery manager page and i click run a computer check up and the Smart: SMART short self test under hardrive fails at 87% eatch time. Everything else on the computer diagnostic page passed.

So how can i fix this problem?

I have a HP pavillion m900 any helop would be greatly appreciated.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, I think your hard drive is just about shot. I'd suggest that if anything you need and do not already have a copy of, personal things like pics etc.....not programs..... you get them backed up someplace if you have not.

You can test the hard drive using the manufacturer's utility. Do you know what make and model drive you have?

The computer's model you posted is not enough to get to the correct support into. The info on the back or underneath the machine on a label is what we need. There should be a slightly different model ID found there. Please post that.

There are more than 300 sub models in that M900 family. Is it a desktop or a notelbook?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice