1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavillion s3713w

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomlin3rd, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomlin3rd

tomlin3rd Thread Starter

recently both of my computers crashed with in days of each other. not thinking i never created system restore disks for either of them.

i changed my HD completely in my desktop (an hp pavillion s3713w) but now i keep getting the following error disk boot failure, insert disk and press enter. i was initially going to install xp but recently found out the drivers will not be compatible so i again have started to search for a way to get the system restore disks (not an easy task) but once i get the disk i am afraid the error will still exist

as for my laptop (a compaq prersario cq60-211dx) i have the same issue where i didnt create a restore system disk so i am lost there as well

what puzzles me is that with my laptop it will turn on go to the system repair screen and then recycle and say it cant solve the error but never tell me what the error is.

any suggestions on where i can get the system restore disks or what is going on with my computers?

2. joeten

joeten

3. tomlin3rd

tomlin3rd Thread Starter

thanks for the welcome and then help. when i get home i will dl the torrent and see where that gets me. again i appreciate the help and will update you when i try this

4. joeten

joeten

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!