1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavillion XT 933 PS replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by digger747, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digger747

digger747 Thread Starter

Have a bad PS in my brothers computer and want a good replacement.I did add a new dvd burner and installed a new hard drive.Used his old one as a slave drive so he could recover files off of it.Found this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817338005 wondered if it would work or someone knew of a better replacement for The HP Pavillion XT 933.When he brought it to me it wouldnt power on so i stripped it down to bare minimum and for some reason it started working again.Did a clean install of windows and it ran great for a few days then wouldnt power on again.Fan in ps sounded bad though.Did short pins on MB to make sure it wasnt switch so I think a new PS is in order.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

I am not sure if HP older units had proprietary psu's but I have changed out some early P4's and they can take anything. HP has online support where you can chat with them so I suggest going there first. Oh, and that psu is junk. If it isn't Enermax, Antec, Thermaltake or Sparkle, I would not be buying it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/522053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice