1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP pavillion ze5185

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mouda, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mouda

Mouda Thread Starter

I have reformatted a hp pavillion ze5185 laptop and am having video driver issues. I've gone to the hp site and downloaded the drivers located here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=214330&lang=en&cc=us&os=228

The video driver doesn't seem to work for me. It will let me install the driver but when it reboots, I get the blue screen of death after the windows xp logo disappears stating an error message of:

The video driver failed to initialize.

STOP: 0x000000B4 (0xFFA6F008, 0xFD4D8000, 0xF28D000, 0x00050000)

I see there's another post reguarding a similar issue, but with windows 2000.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/...l?highlight=video+driver+failed+to+initialize

I have tried the F8 into safe mode or VGA mode and both sends me to the same blue screen of death as stated above. Unfortunately the post ends.

I don't quite know how to resolve this issue. Please help!

2. Flags

Flags

That site has drivers package for the XE4400-KD. Confusing, to say the least.
    I suggest you click on the red line about Model # and find the exact model number of your machine, as per its instructions.

3. georgeks

georgeks

Try to get the ...DLA software update and the driver package.
    Did you stop the antivirus/antispyware during installation?
    Did you uninstall (in safe mode) any previous drivers?

4. Mouda

Mouda Thread Starter

Yeah, but i googled other peoples concerns about the issue, and all the answers are directed to that page which doesn't make sense. I suppose I can't find the right driver.

5. Mouda

Mouda Thread Starter

and nope, I did a fresh format and updated windows and symmantic. I didn't uninstall any drivers.

6. Flags

Flags

Mouda: Find the Service Tag on your computer and look for the exact Model No.

7. lelokong

lelokong

hp support site is fill with junk, Radeon Omega Driver 3.8.252 or older if u are using older HP laptops with ati mobility like the ze5185

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!