1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Photosmart 7525 wireless Issues after Firmware update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by myk, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myk

myk Thread Starter

Product: HP Photosmart 7525
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently installed the firmware update on my printer and ever since then I am having issues getting my printer connected to the wireless network. The blue wireless LED light keeps blinking.

I have tried resetting the printer to factory default and I also reset the network settings but it will no connect to my wireless network. I have tried using the HP Print and Scan doctor but it just says printer cannot connect to network. I am out of ideas. I have even reset my modem but all my other products connect to my wireless network. This is the only one that does not.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Is the Print and Scan doctor providing more specific information on why it can't connect? You will typically get a reason.

3. myk

myk Thread Starter

It told me to power cycle my printer and router and try again, but I did that many times and got the same issue. I did get an error once stating that I may have MAC filtering enabled on my router, but I checked that and definitely it has been disabled. I verified a few times. Even set my router back to factory settings to make sure.

As I mentioned about, my current setup worked without any issues until I updated the firmware.

Thank you for your help. Any help will be appreciated.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!