1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Photosmart B110 Printer problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tiamat2681, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tiamat2681

Tiamat2681 Thread Starter

I have the above printer, and frankly, it's given me nothing but grief. There are several issues:

1. Despite having a working wireless network in the house, it won't work wirelessly. It's plugged into the USB port.

2. Even plugged in, it's very hit and miss whether it will work at all. It's "offline" and nothing I can do will make it come online.

3. It keeps re-installing itself on the computer randomly and certainly without being asked. Usually in the brief intervals when it is working, the re-install screen pops up again. Cancelling the install doesn't work; it just keeps going.

4. Currently there are four copies of the printer on my system. Deleting them doesn't work, they just re-appear when I re-start the computer. There is no logic as to which "copy" will be the default printer, and often the default won't work any. If I send a document to the wrong one, then that copy is out of action forever because there is a document waiting to print - I can't delete those either.

HP don't seem to be interested - at least, I can't get them to respond.

I need to have one copy of my printer on my system. I need that printer to be connected reliably and to work when I want to print something. It doesn't seem a lot to ask.

Help me! You're my only hope.

Or do I pitch the whole thing out the window and buy a Canon?

My specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8800 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3039 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 464988 MB, Free - 290891 MB; D: Total - 11946 MB, Free - 1931 MB; H: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 907089 MB;
    Motherboard: Quanta, 3628
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-In-One comes in at least 5 different B110 models. Which one do you have?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number on the sticker is.

--------------------------------------------------------

3. Tiamat2681

Tiamat2681 Thread Starter

Sorry, it's B110a.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support site for the HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-In-One B110a.

I suggest you add and save this site in your browser favorites list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

Here is the "Solve a problem" section on wireless and network.

Hopefully, the links and information there will be helpful to you.

-----------------------------------------------------

I personally have used nothing but HP Deskjet and HP Photosmart printers and all-in-ones for over 14 years and have been happy with them.

I've never used one in wireless mode though.

-----------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!