HP Photosmart c309a all-in-one printer issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thoro

Hi,

I bought my HP c309a about 1.5 years ago, and have not used it much (150-200 pages in total) since I do most of my printing at work. I had not used it for 3-4 months but needed to print some documents one evening. I switched on the printer and got the following error message: "The following ink cartridges appear to be missing or damaged" (it showed symbols for yellow, magenta and black).
I tried to print anyway but some colours were missing (mainly black).

I had new genuine HP cartridges at home so I replaced the cartridges and switched on the printer again. I got the same error message again, but this time for cyan and black.
A bit weird since I had replaced the black a minute ago, but I thought it might be old.
Went out and bought a set of new genuine HP cartridges and replaced all just to be safe, switched on the printer and got the same message again regarding cyan and black.

At this point I realised that something was not quite right so I had a look at the manual, and also did some research for this particular model on the web. I then proceeded with cleaning the printhead and the "cradle" for the printhead with distilled water. No difference.
After even more research and reading forum after forum with people with similar symptoms I decided to replace the printhead. A new and genuine HP part again.
Again no difference.

It still showed an error message for missing or damaged cartridges (sometimes they even vary between yellow, cyan and black). I tried to clean and align the cartridges, but got error message that cartrdiges could not be aligned. The printouts were still not "full colour".

I did a factory reset, partial and full, still no difference.

I then suspected an incompatibility issue with my PC but as the error message appeared even when the printer is not connected to the pc, this was clearly not the case.
I did connect it to another PC (which is running XP instead of Windows 7) but it did not make any difference.

I do not want to spend more money blindly so any ideas and suggestions how to solve these issues would be more than welcome.

Regards

Thomas

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online