1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Photosmart C310 goes 'offline' frequently

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1123jesusnme, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1123jesusnme

1123jesusnme Thread Starter

Hi all - I think I'm way over my head on this site because I am so not techy but finding help at HP has been a nightmare and I thought I would pick your brains to see if you can help me!
    In April of this year we got an HP Photosmart All In One Printer that's seemed super simple to set up and then all our laptops can print to it from wherever in the house.
    Well it worked - for awhile - then inevitably the day will come where I try to print and it will say there are documents in the queue and it is 'offline. I don't understand it going 'offline' - it seems to do it at random and I can not figure out an easy way to get it to say 'ready' again so we can print.
    Tonight was probably the 5th or 6th time I have re-installed the printer just to get it to print.
    Does anyone know WHY it goes offline in the first place? What that even means? How I can make it stop or a simpler solution to getting it back to the 'ready' mode rather than me constantly reinstalling the printer??
    Thanks! I appreciate any feedback!

2. PSCO2007

PSCO2007

When it says "offline", it usually means the usb cable is unplugged.
    Make sure it is securely plugged in.

3. Wino

Wino

I have a HP PhotoSmart 309a and 8500 Pro, both used WiFi - I found I have fewer problems if I give them fixed IP address rather than using auto DHCP. Also, when you get the 'Offline' message, try going to printer device icon in Control Panel (W7 Devices and Printers / XP Printers), left click icon to open printer queue, left click 'Printer' in tool bar and check drop down list to be sure 'Use Printer Offline' isn't checked - if it is, uncheck. You may also be able to get here by clicking on the printer icon in System Tray.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!