1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Photosmart C5180 continuously restarts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marykatca, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marykatca

marykatca Thread Starter

Hi, I have a HP Photosmart C5180 printer, and a few weeks ago it started having issues. It wouldn't print at first, so we would turn it off and then back on, and then it would print. Then after a few days, that quick fix didn't work and it wouldn't print at all.

I tried the suggestions from the troubleshooting manual - disconnect from pc, power, etc., then reconnect again, and that didn't work. I removed it from the pc and just plugged it in separately to a different outlet to see if it would work on it's own, and it doesn't.

I have to remove the power cord entirely to turn it off. When I leave it plugged in, the printer just continuously tries to restart itself without success, then shuts down for a couple seconds, then tries to turn on again. I would try a different power adapter/cord, but it's not a traditional cord that I can just use a spare one to connect to the printer.

It would cost more to service this printer than it's worth, so I just wanted to check here and see if anyone had similar issues or know of a fix. Thanks for any feedback!

Mary

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!