HP pop up prompts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

monsoonballoon

I need to get rid of the REALLY annoying prompts from HP asking me to sign up to their Extended Service Plan and their Easy Internet Sign Up. These prompts have been appearing more frequently recently:mad:.
We've tried the fix suggested in a previous post on Tech Support, ie : de-activating the HP Advisor but still they come, thick and fast.
Is this legal ? Can they continue to harrass me like this ? All I did was buy a piece of hardware. Never again with HP if this is how they behave (n) ! I have an HP G6000 using Vista.
Thanks in advance for your help.:)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Look in the Programs And Features list in the Control Panel and see if there's one or more entries in the list that's associated with the extended service plan or easy internet sign-up that you can uninstall.

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG and then click OK - "Startup" tab. See if there's one or more entries in the list that's associated with them that you can uncheck.

Click Start - Run, type in SERVICES.MSC and then click OK. See if there's one or more entries in the list that's associated with them that are set to "Automatic" and can be changed to "Disabled".

---------------------------------------------------------------

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Welcome to the TSG forum.

I'd like to see you Email HP support and ask them ..
and also tell them how displeased you are.
[email protected]

Maybe one of these days, They'll get the message and quit installing this Junk.

Sorry, Can't help here, I've replaced Vista with XP, since HP couldn't fix it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
When I bought this Compaq Presario SR5450F desktop(I'm partial to HP's and Compaq's - which are made by the same company), one of the first things that I did was bring up the "Programs And Features" list and then uninstall all the demo and trial and unneeded programs that came with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe one of these days, They'll get the message and quit installing this Junk.

Sorry, Can't help here, I've replaced Vista with XP, since HP couldn't fix it.
I uninstalled all the crapware from HP on my XPSP2.

From what you are saying, it is implying that it is Vista not allowing the removal, not HP, since it could be done with XP.

Is that the case?

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
NO .. But you may have to shut off UAC to get anything done.

There are two features in XP that I use several times a day .. and depend on them.
These have been removed from Vista .. And I just can't work in Vista.

One is ... Vista doesn't know the difference between an Icon and a Thumbnail ..
And HP couldn't fix it.

You shouldn't have any problem cleaning the trash outa Vista.

NO .. But you may have to shut off UAC to get anything done.

There are two features in XP that I use several times a day .. and depend on them.
These have been removed from Vista .. And I just can't work in Vista.

One is ... Vista doesn't know the difference between an Icon and a Thumbnail ..
And HP couldn't fix it.

You shouldn't have any problem cleaning the trash outa Vista.
Thanks for the clarification.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts