1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP PrecisionScan LTX, 4300C

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sanmarco, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sanmarco

sanmarco Thread Starter

I can not access the scanner software PrecisionScan LTX and while trying, the computer is trying continually to access "A" drive. A process hppsapp.exe is running in Task Manager and requires ending to stop the "A" drive accessing. Should "stimon.exe" be there in XP?

I have tested through scanners in control panel where the scanner is listed and tests OK.
    Have tried numerous times unloading and reloading software and drivers. I am using sj657en.exe.

I have recently installed a new graphics card (Radeon 9700PRO) which required an up date of MB drivers to Hyperion 4 in 1 v455vp1.

My OS is XP SP2

I would appreciate any help on this.

2. slipe

slipe

It appears you have the latest driver.

I haven’t had a HP scanner and XP at the same time, but I think all HP scanners require Still Image Monitor to be active – it shows as “stimon”.

Something that sometimes works:
    Uninstall Precisionscan.
    Do a search for twain and twunk
    Remove any twain & twunk files or folders you find in the Windows folder only.
    Reinstall Precisionscan.
    http://www.mustek.com/support/twaintwunkremoval.html
    Solution #5 here: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/316483.html

3. sanmarco

sanmarco Thread Starter

Thank you for your help "Slipe", but unfortunately this has not fixed the problem. From what I have been told, Stimon is not a function of XP.

4. acraftylady

acraftylady

If no none here can figure it out then post at HP message boards The scanner boards are under digiral imaging on the left at the bottom.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I have a HP ScanJet 4470C scanner, and it works just fine with STIMON disabled in the MSCONFIG "Startup" tab, whether I'm using it with my 98SE desktop or my XP SP2 laptop. (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/342760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice