HP print driver troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dougj

I have added a new TP-Link print server (TL-PS110U) to my home network to allow printing to my HP PSC 2175 printer from any PC. I installed the print server with no issues and can add the printer to any windows vista PC, as they come default with the driver for that printer in the printer setup utility.

However I cannot get my winXP systems to connect to the print server as they do not have the default print driver for that machine, and when I try to download the print driver from HP it goes off and installs all kinds of s/w but will not finish the install until it sees me plug in the usb printer.....which is technically already done, but across the network the install wizard will not see it....... Therefore I can never get a network printer setup. I have tried some of the win XP default HP psc print drivers but whenever I print a test page I get a "StartDocPrinter call was not issed" error.

Anyone have just an HP psc 2175 print driver for XP or know how I can extract just the driver from the HP downloads?

Thanks D.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts