HP printer churns out blank sheets!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chris Hester

I tried to print a large document on my HP Laserjet 2100 but the printer's Ready light just kept on flashing. Now Windows 98 seems to be stuck trying to print the file in the background, as there are no jobs in the print queue, and I cannot print anything else.

I rebooted, only to find Windows stuck at the logo screen, while the printer started printing endless sheets. I have to turn the printer off, or remove the paper tray to boot up.

Now if the printer is on, it just carries on feeding blank sheets through forever. If I press the JOB CANCEL button, I get all 3 lights on the printer flashing in a cycle. All I can tell from the manual is that this means the printer is in start-up mode, but then you cannot do anything more with the buttons.

I have tried holding both buttons down when turning the printer on, to do a cold reset, but still the problem persists.

This means the printer cannot be used, and I'm going through sheets of paper!

Can anyone tell me how to stop Windows trying to print this document, or free it from the printer's memory for good?

Note: I have turned Print Spool off recently as it was causing Word to crash.

Do any of <a href="http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl06422.html">these</a> light patterns match what you are experiencing?

Chris Hester

As stated in my 3rd paragraph above, I get the 3 LEDs cycling in a pattern. This does not match any of the errors in the HP manual.

I have also downloaded the latest drivers, but when I run the file, it just flashes up a black DOS box then quits. Any help there?!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You'll have to watch to see what directory the dos box is placing your download....probably windows\temp, then go there and find the files....I think there may be an .exe file or a setup perhaps. If not, then when you 'update driver' you'll need to point the browse to this directory.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online