1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp printer crashing dell laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djm328bmw, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djm328bmw

djm328bmw Thread Starter

Hi i need some help before dell sends me the 4th new laptop in 3 months. I got a 1550 dell laptop with vista december 08 in june 09 i got my HP photoshop C5580 all in one shortly after my hard drive went dell sends a new hard drive everything is ok a week later i install my hp printer and blue tooth 2 weeks after that the hard drive and mother board crash dell sends a tech out to fix it, still not right so dell takes it back and sends a 1655 with vista, this one works great for 2 1/2 weeks with no hp software in it, i install it, a week later i try to power on the laptop and windows loads and loads and loads power it down and back on, it does nothing but make this wierd buzzing noise, dell sends a new 1655 with vista, it works great with no hp software for 3 weeks 1 1/2 weeks after i still it, windows didn't want to start then did, the next night windows wouldn't start, system tests told me at first operating system had a corrupt file, so i put in the vista disc trying to fix it that way, that freezes at 75% then it tells me imment hard drive failure and no operating system found. They are sending another one, this time they said top laptop gaming system with windows 7, i'm happy for this. I need to figure out what is going on though, the hp printer is the only thing that matches up, other then that these are brand new laptop after new laptop crashing because i know i don't do anything else on them no downloading or anything like that, I get no error messages prior to this accuring or anything, I have secure internet and virus scanning. Please help

2. djm328bmw

djm328bmw Thread Starter

just thought i should add, i've been using the disc the printer came with, i'm sure with windows 7 i'll have to download the driver from the site, does this change things?

3. djm328bmw

djm328bmw Thread Starter

Bump. finally got my new laptop, studio xps with windows 7. I was hoping to here about this printer now. I cannot crash this one and i'm here if I just download the driver it should be fine, but now i'm worried the bluetooth adapter could be causing this too. not sure please some info would be a help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/878840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice