HP printer keeps saying remove and reinstall cartridge

jovialsam

Hi
I have an HP officejet pro 7720
Since I changed my black cartridge, it threw up a remove and reinstall message. I did several times, then tried a new cartridge, same.
Did a hard reset, the black seems to be ok but now the cyan says the same. Ive done the hard reset, several computer restarts, cleaned the chip bit repeatedly, checked the firmware (says up to date when I tried to install)
so lost at what to do.
HP advice, get it serviced!!! It was fine until yesterday, Ive wasted hours trying to get this sorted and I have to print some urgent documents.
Any help please
Thanks

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you using official HP cartridges on the printer? If not, that can certainly throw up problems because they likely won't be recognised properly. Regarding the copper contacts: how did you clean them?

jovialsam

thanks, Ive changed the ink cartridge twice and cleaned with a non lint cloth which was what the hp assistant said?

plodr

Liz
Unfortunately using official HP cartridges, doesn't guarantee it will print. I have two different model deskjets 1055 and 1510 that stopped printing when I replaced the black cart with another official HP cart! (They were both fairly new and I never used anything but official carts.) I went through cleaning routines, tried another HP cart, wiped things with a suede brush (lint free) and distilled water and allowed it to dry. I never got either to print again. I use the newer one 1510 to scan. Then if I want to print the scan, I have to select a different printer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online