1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP printer memory low using MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lindee, Oct 12, 2019 at 7:43 PM.

Advertisement
  1. Lindee

Lindee Thread Starter

I am using an HP Color Laser Jet MFP M476DN with a MacBook Air running OS Mojave 10.14.6, 4G memory 1.6GHz. It is giving me an error message that the memory is low and will not print color only BW. I have called twice, but the instructions they are giving me are not working... unplug the printer, hold power button down for 60 seconds. I have done this 3 times, still doesn't work. I have uninstalled it twice and reinstalled with new drivers, still doesn't work. I would appreciate any help you can give. Thank you in advance.

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Can you provide more information on the error you are getting?
    Did it show up on your Mac, on the printer's control panel or on a printed page?
    Can you describe the nature of what you are printing?
    What program were you printing from?
    How big a document were you printing?
    What is your printer driver version?

Display the [Print & Fax].
    Under Mac OS X 10.3.x - 10.4.x, Display the [Printer List].
    Select the printer you want to use from the printer list, and then click [Info] on the toolbar.
    Under Mac OS X 10.3.x - 10.4.x, click [Show Info] on the [Printers] menu.
    The [Printer Info] dialog box opens.
    Check the displayed version number.

3. Lindee

Lindee Thread Starter

Sean Laurence

The error message pops up on my Mac as well as the display screen on the printer.
    I was trying to print a full page color picture, which I have done a million times
    I was printing from MS Word
    driver version 19.13

Thank you

4. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Caveat - Printer out of memory errors are tricky to resolve, mostly because the error messages are not very informative, and there are not many settings to adjust.
    Also, I am not a Mac person - I have never owned a Mac, but I have used and supported them on occasion.

Is the message that you are getting: "Memory is Low. Job Cancelled."?
    It helps to know the exact error message, Provide a screenshot (clip) or photo if you can.

Is it only one particular word document that is giving you this issue, or do many different ones?
    Are you able to print similar documents that you have successfully printed in the past?
    You could try re-creating your word document. start with a blank doc, and copy and paste the elements of your broken doc to it.

Have you tried updating the firmware on the printer?
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...jet-pro-mfp-m476-series/5245583/model/5245590

You could update your O/S to 10.15 "Catalina" to see if that resolves the problem

5. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
    Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Laserjet M276)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

Try printing again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice