1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Printer Not Printing Color

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by quantass, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. quantass

quantass Thread Starter

Im using a HP Deskjet 950C and have just popped in a new color catridge. I've been trying to get the printer to output a color image (as well as a greyscale image) but only amount to black & white (with a hint of grey). Whats going on??

The printer used to display color and grey scale fine but not now. Im using the latetst driver from HP's website and the catridge is correct for the printer. Could there be some setting under Windows 2000 thats preventing color/greyscale images?

2. slipe

slipe

That printer mixes color for grayscale. So both of the things you are trying to do involve the color cartridge. First make sure the clear tape is off the cartridge heads and that it is installed correctly. If it still wonÂ’t print return the cartridge.

3. NitroNic

NitroNic

And make sure that you haven't set it to print in grayscale.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If its set to print in Grayscale all output should be visible but not in color. If nothing at all comes out then there's another problem.

There are black/grayscale print settings in the HP printer driver - check those.

5. quantass

quantass Thread Starter

Ok, I tried blotting the ink catridge onto toilet paper and YES i do see very faint, thin red & green streaks. I guess this means there's no clear tape obstructing the nozzle. Damn.

I want to add that this particular Ink catridge was obtained new from work and has been the staple ink catridge type for some time now for this printer.

Some months ago i was able to print out color images. Actually the color catridge was practically empty outputting Red-ish images. I never bothered to replace the catridge until now. In fact after finding that I couldnt print in gray scale I decided to print in color, fully expecting a redish image, but color would not come out now! The printer and ink catridges have been in the same place on my desk for months so nothing tramatic has happened since the last time it was able to output redish images.

Could this mean there is some electrical problem with my Deskjet 950C? BTW i do have another color ink catridge but I dont want to have to open it up too just to discover the exact same problem. If i do open up another new ink catridge for use can I simply recap it and store it for reuse in the future (perhaps 1 year from now -- I dont print much) without fear of it drying out?

Print setting are for: Color. I've even tried the "On-printer Print Tests" (bypassing Windows) and everything is in black & white (very little gray). From what I remember this "flower" image it prints out should be in color.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice