HP Printer not seen (after reinstalling XP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jen79

I recently reformatted a Dell computer running Windows XP, and upon reinstallation of everything I failed to unplug the dp d145 printer from the USB port. It now will not work. There are no error messages or anything, it just doesn't work at all. I have no idea what's wrong with it. The copier works, so it's not a printer issue, it just doesn't work with the computer. Any suggestions?

uninstall the software from add-remove programs.

Unplug the printer.

Remove it from the Printers folder if it remains.

Then reinstall exactly as per the instructions.

jen79

Well that seems like it would make sense, but we've tried that like 5 times already. I even went through the computer after uninstalling and looked for anything else that said HP that might need to be deleted (it didn't delete the folder in Program Files, just the stuff inside the folder).

Is there anything else that might make the computer think that the HP software has not been completely removed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online