1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Printer Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ineedhelp890, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ineedhelp890

ineedhelp890 Thread Starter

I have an HP Laserjet 2200d. Lately it has been putting creases down the middle of some pages. Does this sound like a problem with the toner of another replacable part or is it time for a new printer. Please let me know what you guys think.

2. onsite

onsite

could be the fusser, can not place the 2200 at the moment. Genericly speaking you can do a "half page " test. Some models have this built in as a service test some you have to do yourself. Basically you want to print a test page or any page and interrupt before the page goes to the fusser, if no crease, then the fusser is doing. see what more info i can find

3. ineedhelp890

The problem I have is it does not do it every sheet. Sometimes every second sheet, sometimes after several sheets. Any other ideas?

4. Jeannette7

Jeannette7

Are there lots of sheets of paper in your paper intake tray. It might be picking up more than one sheet from time to time and this might be what is getting wrinkled. My mother's printer has a similar problem. Her paper doesn't wrinkle; instead her printer sometimes prints gibberish. What I do to fix her problem is to uninstall and then reinstall her printer. You might try this and see what happens. Also, when you reinstall the printer, you should print a test page. I am not familiar with your printer model so this is all that I could find for now.

5. onsite

onsite

good point try printing from a different tray

press the go and job cancel @ the same time then release. this will print a self test page.
    when you think that the page is about to enter the fusser ( heats the toner) interrupt the process, raise the top, unplug. Usually have to remove toner cart and pull out the peice of paper. You may have to do this a number of times to see if it is the toner or fusser, sorry i know it is inconveniant.

6. Lurker1

Lurker1

I would try afresh pack of paper. I have seen paper that has been sitting around for a while and picked up a lot of moisture do this. I have even see the fuser have water droplets around it after it steamed the moisture out of the paper. A nice fresh dry pack usually will print fine.

7. ineedhelp890

This is a business printer and is used moderately every day. The paper is not the problem as I have to refill the tray about every other week. I will try some of the suggestions above. Anyone have any other ideas. Also it is not a driver problem, I have the same problem from all of the computers that the printer serves.

8. rolandk10

rolandk10

Have you looked into the maintnece kit? We used to buy one after every 500k pages on our HP laser printers. It included replacements for many of the wear parts including new rollers and such.

9. onsite

onsite

I seriously doubt it is the paper either.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice