Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP ProBook 4530s mother board Upgrade

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Greetings all! I have a probook 4530s with a i3 2310m processor, 4gb PC3 10600 DDR3 ram, 320gb HD, with Intel HD graphics. So far I've thrown in a extra 4gb of ram and a Samsung 850 250gb SSD. I want to upgrade the old motherboard (part number 646245-001) to the newer one with i7 quad core support and AMD Radeon HD 1gb card (part number 665116-001). My question is this. What other parts will I need for this swap out? I believe I will need a new heat sink because if the discrete graphics. And will my laptop base fit the new mobo? Just looking for a bit of guidance for the swap out. I will post a link for the laptop parts guide located on my Google Drive. Thanks for the advice and knowledge!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5TPOH2T0D0EeWYtLTlGVDRYb0U/edit?usp=docslist_api

#2 ·
You may be better off selling the laptop and then buying the better model. Looking at your link you will have to upgrade not only the motherboard and Cpu bu also the Usb board, charger, base enclosure, screen plastics ...

Unless you can find the parts really cheaply it could even cost less to just buy the upgraded laptop !

#3 ·
You will need new copy of windows as the one installed from the factory is tied to the existing motherboard. Also a newer motherboard may not fit the case or connect properly to the other existing hardware of the laptop. I agree with Allan, it would probably be better to but a new laptop with the specs you want.

#5 ·
Why spend the money to upgrade it then sell it? Save that money and add it to the money you get from selling the existing laptop to purchase the laptop you want.. This is the way I would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.