1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp psc 1200 printing blank or mostly blank pages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flamefury, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flamefury

Flamefury Thread Starter

I tried drivers and such, checked the printer settings and the printer says nothing is wrong. I'm trying to print out word documents, but every time I do, the page either comes out completely blank or very, very sketchy (the words on the sides of the page appear, then fades away to nothing in the middle).

The entire document can be printed if the colour ink catridge is removed (which is odd, considering the document contains nothing but black text in the first place), however, the printed page is slightly sketchy (thin horizontal white lines go over the entire page, but it's not as bad as trying to print with the colour ink catridge inside.)

Any thoughts?

2. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon

my first step would be to print a test page from the printer and clean or realign print heads if neccesary

3. Flamefury

Flamefury Thread Starter

Forgive my ignorance in hardware, how do you print a test page, and tell whether or not the printer heads need to be aligned?

And if they do, how do I go about doing that?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    With Windows XP go to the Control Panel -> Printers & Faxes -> right click on the HP PSC 1200 printer and select Properties. You shoudl see several tabs, I believe one of them will be a Maintenance tab with cleaning and alignment as well as offer to print a test page.

Also see this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&rule=10475&product=240978 for manually cleanign the cartridges.

Or you may just need a new black cartridge.

5. Flamefury

Flamefury Thread Starter

Doesn't have the Alignment option, but I did find the print test page. Same problem, if the colour ink is inside, the page comes out nearly blank, when it's not, black comes out with lots of white streaks.

I tried cleaning the cartridges, but all it accomplished was making the black a little stronger when it printed in reserve mode.

Just to see what happens, I decided to take out the black ink cartridge and print in colour reserve mode. The test page came out nearly perfect.

Why is it that, if I have both catridges inside, the printer just utterly fails?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you tried another black cartridge? Sounds like its either empty or faulty.

Also, when you cleaned the cartridge did you check and clean the contacts on both the back of the cartridge and inside the printer?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice