1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP PSC Printer and intermittent freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by georgepug, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgepug

georgepug Thread Starter

I recently installed an HP PSC 2350 which I like very much except that I typically have to reboot at least once a day due to my mouse suddenly freezing (typically in IE Explorer) or in the morning when my PC refuses to wake up (keyboard acts like it is dead). Printer is shared over a home LAN (hardwire).
    PC is a clone, has been very stable for many years, run XP service pack 2. Called HP, they were no help. Any ideas would be appreciated. Have turned off hibernation, screen saver, etc. already.

2. Cell

Cell

did you notice this problem before you installed the printer?

did you try updating the drivers for printer or the mouse and keyboard??

3. georgepug

georgepug Thread Starter

Good questions. The machine has been very reliable until I installed the printer.

The printer came with software that has many features, not all of them things I would use. I reinstalled the printer software, the second time with minimal configuration, in hopes that would solve the problem, but it did not. The mouse/keyboard drivers are stock with XP OS, I believe.

My intuition tells me it has to do with some kind of monitoring. HP has a monitoring task for the printer. I turned it off and will see if that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice