1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Recovery Manager HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gloryninja, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gloryninja

gloryninja Thread Starter

im having some very painful problems with my computer. i had to reformat my system so i made a backup using the HP recovery manager which backed my files in an external hardrive and they are names as Backup.001.exe and backup.002.fbw etc until 005

after i installed a fresh new vista i execute my backup.001.exe and when it tells me to click next it freezes for a minute then its back to normal and the next button dont work... (the next button does not take me to the next step of restoring, it stays in the same page)

the next button is active but does not take me to the next step so i cannot back my files up... i need help badly.. there is atleast 2 years of data in those backup files... i cannot get them running

i have Windows Vista Ultimate with 3 GB RAM

please help

thank you

2. gloryninja

anybody??? i reli need help badly

3. gloryninja

can someone please reply backk!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I can reply OK, but I don't know if I can be of any help. I have not yet been forced to use my darling HP Recovery.

This thread is a a bit confusing, but contains at least two possible solutions. Post # 2 says to change the names of the .fbw files beginning with 010 by adding a leading zero to the number part. But it's not clear to me if that was tried by the OP. Post # 11 says to copy each .fbw file to a separate DVD, and restore that way. This seems promising.

I found this information with a web search for "fbw files" (w/o the quotes). If necessary, do your own search as there are a lot more hits, which may have better info. And, good luck, and let us know what happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/842940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice