1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Recovery Manager......

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vikrant1982, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikrant1982

vikrant1982 Thread Starter

Feb 16, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I have a 2 months old HP Pavilion DM1-3014AU running on windows 7 home basic.

My query is that if i delete the recovery partition, can i get it back if i restore the netbook to factory condition through recovery disks.
  2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

May 25, 2005
    HP's recovery DVDs will not perform a Repair Install ...
    It's also a good idea to make a Repair CD ...

After You remove the recovery partition .. W7 can resize the system partition to fill in the unused space ..
    W7 can Extend or Shrink a partition.

Any partition resizing can be risky .. Make sure you have your data backed up.

I'm not sure about W7 .. but it used to be that if you removed the recovery partition ..
    Then tried to use it to recover a HP supplied application ... it would know that the recovery partition was missing .. and ask for the recovery DVDs
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1009369