1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP recovery Manager

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by brendoncheung, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brendoncheung

brendoncheung Thread Starter

hey guys~

ive recently created the recovery disc from the recovery manager, ive installed it, say it would turn my laptop to the original factory setting, after i installed it, everything is clear, as i expected, but however, now my laptop performance shrink ALOT! i mean ALOT! i cant even run Need For Speed Undercover properly in the lowest graphical settings, do anyone know whats the problem here?

ive checked the graphic card to see if its installed properly after the recovery and it is install and working properly, do anyone know the problem here?

however after the recovery, i didnt seen to care about the window update that much, could this be the problem?does updates make a difference? my laptop has Intel Dou Core @ 2GHz and has 2GB RAM, and graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, my laptop now cant even run games at high graphics setting where prior to the recovery i can and very smooth

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Start by updating all of your drivers.

EDIT:
    and yes, windows updates can make a huge difference. For example, no windows updates, no directx.

3. brendoncheung

brendoncheung Thread Starter

oh i see, but im kinda new to computers can anyone guide me to how to update my driver? when i did the hp recovery, all of my drivers are back to the old version which makes my laptop slow?

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) go to windows update and get your OS up to date.

2) Go to www.nvidia.com, click on the support/drivers link and get your video drivers up to date.

3) will probably have to go to HP's website to grab the latest sound and other drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice