1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP ScanJet 600 series

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JennyP, Sep 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JennyP

JennyP Thread Starter

Can't get my scanner to work...reinstalled, checked config. - all okay. Says.."cannot detect". It's plugged in...worked last week. It's a 6200 series scanner not a 600 series. I need to learn how to proof...Thanks for any ideas ya'll may have...The exact error message I'm getting is - SORRY, SCANNER COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED. [SCANNER NOT FOUND]

[This message has been edited by JennyP (edited 09-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JennyP (edited 09-29-2000).]

2. phobiussno

phobiussno

I'm assuming that it does have power and that the scanner is on correct?
    First disconnect the scanner and reconnect to ensure proper connection. To wit, a visual inspect is not good enough...
    Also, when you reinstalled did you do a complete uninstall first? If not do that. Else, you are really just adding a new layer of paint over the old cracking layer, eh?

Don't know much about your series...I'll go look, but is it USB or no? Anyway, keep us posted...

3. JennyP

JennyP Thread Starter

It's a 6200 series. Not 600. Sorry about that. Also, I uninstalled, unplugged, reconfigured, and it's still not working...anymore suggestions????

4. Tx_Tim

Tx_Tim

Is this a local printer? If so can you communicate with the printer? What do you mean by you need to know how to PROOF?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/33915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice