1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP slimline 7727 to XP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Dustdvl, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dustdvl

Dustdvl Thread Starter

2. Orumph

Orumph

Simple answer, maybe.

You can try loading XP and see if the vista drivers will work, I have never tried it, but it might.

Otherwise, no. If the drivers don't work in XP, then you could be hard pressed to find compatible XP drivers. You might check http://www.driverguide.com/
    But, you will have to check for every piece of hardware you have. And there may be parts you can't find.

Also, you might look to see what Motherboard is in there. If it's a common Intel board, You MIght find XP drivers on intel's website, or whoever the manufacturer is. This is a long shot though.

Why downgrade to XP?

3. Dustdvl

Dustdvl Thread Starter

well Vistas making the computer run pretty slow because it hardly has the required ram. well i guess i cant blame it all on vista though its probably the video card it. other wise i like vista but i like to game on my computers and vistas not cutting it but if you have any suggestions on how i can get my computer to run better with vista i would rather do that then install XP

4. Orumph

Orumph

What are the complete specs of your pc?

5. Dustdvl

Dustdvl Thread Starter

Here we go:

System--

Manufacturer Hewlett-packerd Company
    Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) 64 x2 Dual Core processor 3800+ 2.00ghz
    memory(ram): 894

Display--
    Nvidia Geforce 6150 LE
    Chip Type: Nvidia Geforce 6150 LE
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    approx. total memory 313 mb

Hardrive 320gs 7200 RPM

6. Orumph

Orumph

How much ram? the max is 2G's (recommended)
    What CPU?
    What Video Card? on board or what?

7. Dustdvl

Dustdvl Thread Starter

The computer came built ready with Vista installed i wasnt thinking very straight

8. Orumph

Orumph

Well, there isn't much you can do.
    Except upgrade the ram, add a high grade video card, if there is a PCI Express slot, sounds like it will need to be a low profile video card, not sure how powerful you can get for the slimline system.

Personally, I would forget this system as a gaming system, and get a good Intel Based system. Mid-Tower. Intel processors are outperforming AMD's like crazy and the Quad Core Intels are cheap now. The Q6600 will smoke what you have now. Make sure the Mobo maxes out at atleast 4g's ram. And install no less than 2G to start in 2 x 1G sticks.

9. Orumph

Orumph

As a side note, it's not vista causing problems. It's HP selling less than optimal systems and calling them ready for vista.
    This is one of the biggest reasons for Vista's lack of adoption.

10. Dustdvl

Dustdvl Thread Starter

Pff and there not offering any upgrades, i wasted my money

11. Dustdvl

Dustdvl Thread Starter

yea i have 2 computers my other computer is much better gaming computer i had 2g of ram but on died on me :p i only play Swat 4, World of warcraft, warcraft 3, diablo so it doesnt really matter

12. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  13. Orumph

Orumph

I would replace the bad ram with another stick, I assume you are running in single channel mode with only one stick.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice