1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP SPLIT 8.1 will not turn on

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bgolf2121, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bgolf2121

bgolf2121 Thread Starter

Hello,

My HP SPLIT Windows 8.1 laptop displayed a blue error message when I turned it on this morning for the first time since I bought it less than a year ago. The message read "Kernel_security error" and then my screen pixilated and went black....It turned on once more for about 10 seconds when I attempted to restart it but has not turned on since and I have tried every way I know to turn my laptop back on. I have been reading online about some fixes to this issue but since I cannot even turn on the laptop, I am not sure what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!!

2. TopSho27

TopSho27

You have the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). The BSOD could have occurred because of many problems, here are some of them: hardware issues, memory issues, virus infections and most commonly driver issues. The only big problem in your case is that you cannot even turn on the laptop. What a professional tech would do in this case is start swapping out parts like the harddrive. However if you are the average person you probably don't have these parts. My only advice to you would be to give your laptop to your local tech for diagnosis.

3. bgolf2121

bgolf2121 Thread Starter

Thank you!

4. prunejuice

prunejuice

Use your warranty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice