HP Stream with Office (not 365)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OM2

I was thinking of buying the HP Stream

What I want:

- Run Chrome with 20 or so tabs open at anyone time
- Microsoft office (not 365)
- Other very small programs that don't hog the system

Good idea? Bad idea?
Will it cripple with proper Office installed?

Thanks

OM

Triple6

Rob
Office 365 is based off the current version of Office which is 2013, so if it can run one it can run the other.

That said, its not going to be a fast model, not with the lousy 1Ghz AMD A4 processor and 2GB of RAM.

Office wont be too bad on it unless you have complex documents or calculations in your spreadsheets. I'd be more worried how it will handle 20 Chrome tabs. I've yet to use a system with an AMD A series APU that I didn't get frustrated with but it might be adequate for you.

OM2

thanks @triple6
i'm tempted to buy
don't know about in usa, but in uk, hp stream laptops seem to be scarce - either the world has bought most of them... or they're not as good and hp decided to pull them from the market

hmm...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online