1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp stuck

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ilikepink, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ilikepink

ilikepink Thread Starter

i have hp pavilion g6 notebook, upgraded to windows10 from windows 7, screen says cant find operating system, already did hard drive test, and diconnected and reconnected hard drive....please need ideas and help

2. ilikepink

ilikepink Thread Starter

i do not have the cd, or the cd drive...the drive was missing when i bought it, and when i follow the screen directions, no matter what ive done, it brings that screen up again

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Just to make sure I understand you correctly:
    You have a HP Pavilion g6 notebook (unknown model number and serial number).
    You bought it without a hard drive in it.
    It was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

If you bought that notebook without a hard drive in it, how exactly was it upgraded to Windows 10?
    What exactly did you do to it before the "cannot find operating system" message appeared?

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Frank, I think the OP means that the CD drive is missing as they have performed a HDD test.

Pink, has this system ever worked for you?

5. ilikepink

ilikepink Thread Starter

yes, it worked ok, except for the windows activation, i could not find the product key, but other than that it worked ok. it wouldnt let me download anything, and i was checking the boot setup, and it gave me that screen

6. ilikepink

ilikepink Thread Starter

i dont understand how one second the hard drive works fine, passes the test, but cant find the operating system, in 10 min

7. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    You mean you were poking around in BIOS setup and it started doing this? It sounds like you may have made a change, even if accidentally. Can you remember making any changes?
    Did you buy the system with Win10 installed? If so, it sounds like you may need to contact the seller ...

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Mark:
    I re-read posts #1 and #2 and misunderstood them when I read them the first time.
    The disc drive missing makes a lot more sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    I thought the same thing you did at first, Frank. But I took a second look after reading your post. It was still a bit ambiguous, but ...

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Most likely due to a Boot Configuration issue. I would suggest loading the BIOS back to defaults and then try again with the installation.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice