1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP support assistant tune up wont finish

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by plvness, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plvness

plvness Thread Starter

OK I have an hp pavillion dv6 notebook pc and the hp software that comes with it known as hp support assistant has a tool

known as tune up now when I start it there are several tasks it does they are set restore point, empty recycle bin, clear firefox

temporary internet files, clear IE temporary internet files, clear temporary folder, microsoft windows disk defrag, and the

problem is with the final task marked Analyze the computer for hardware and software issues it is here that the program begins

the process and never completes any ideas on solving the issue I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent

version Ive talked to tech support and they are useless any ideas thank you

2. Hughv

Hughv

What OS?
    I've never heard of anyone actually using this program, and I see why.
    What issues are prompting you to run this program?
    There are many other tools out there that work.

3. plvness

plvness Thread Starter

Well sometimes it runs a little slow can you suggest a a good free alternative I do sometimes use c-cleaner what would you recommend in combination with that

4. Hughv

Hughv

Ccleaner is good, and malwarebytes is a great tool
    What OS?

5. plvness

plvness Thread Starter

windows 7

6. Hughv

Hughv

Win7 has several troubleshooters in Control Panel, and Event Viewer in Admin Tools can help.

7. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

basically, it's a needless bloatware provided by the good folks at hp, i uninstalled it from my computer & haven't looked back. on the other hand, if you depend on it, have you gone to hp's support page with your model # & looked for an update for that program? i bought my pc in nov & there's already updates posted for that particular feature. doncha luv hp's tech support teehee <snicker>

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918908