Hp TouchSmart 320 Ram Upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JAMoulton87

So I have a question...I am wanting to upgrade my 4GB of RAM to 8GB of RAM. I know type I need but I don't know if I need to buy another 4GB Module or if I need to buy the 8GB kit...Do the RAM Module need to be the same brand or can they be different brands and work.

The preferred practice is to match brands and models, but in my experience, mixing and matching work equally well. Just make sure the frequency match.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
The HP TouchSmart 320 comes with 4 GB of RAM, but it doesn't specify if it comes with a single 4 GB module or with 2 - 2 GB modules.

Depending on what it comes with will determine if you need to buy a single 4 GB module or a 8 GB(4 GB X 2) kit.

It uses 204-pin DDR3 PC3-10600(DDR3-1333), 1.5 volt, unbuffered, non-ECC SODIMM modules.

Here are instructions and images on how to add/replace SODIMM modules in it.

--------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
You're welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Are those 2 GB modules DDR3 PC3-10600(DDR3-1333) or DDR3 PC3-12800(DDR3-1600)?

Either the 1333 MHz or 1600 MHz should work, but it's best to be safe and install the same speed module it came with.

---------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online