1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Truevision integrated camera problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ninjamonkey9, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ninjamonkey9

Ninjamonkey9 Thread Starter

My webcam recently started playing up and I've tried many supposedly 'solutions' and none have worked so far. I seen a post on here however and he had a similar problem and you guys managed to successfully help him but with a different Laptop and therefore different drives.

I pretty much only use my webcam for Skyping, and well, I need it.. and I don't want to fork out money for a USB webcam, since I HAVE ONE ON MY LAPTOP. So, here is the problem. It starts off when I realise it's stopped working and Skype tries to swap between the two options it has labelled under "webcam devices", these options are "HP Truevision" and "Cybercam webcam splitter". After I go into options to try change the webcam, which by the way it is still differentiating between the two, once every 2 seconds; windows also supplies me with audio telling me that this is happening and it happens to be the same noise which happens upon disconnecting and reconnecting my USB mouse. I have tried 'System Restore' multiple times, uninstalling both drivers and re-installing them, attempting to update the drivers (apparently they are), updated Skype and continuously searched the web to find a solution, alas... I have not :(. Also, in device manager, under the imaging devices tab, only a new driver shows up called 'SPCA2082', this shows up as the camera being on (notified by a little light beside the camera), but only shows a black screen. It has happened many times before, but has magically fixed itself within a few days.. this has been going on for a few weeks now. Can you please help?

My laptop model is: HP Envy 6-1000ea Sleekbook. I am running Windows 7.

Thank you

2. Ninjamonkey9

Correction: HP ENVY 6-1006ea

3. Ninjamonkey9

Please someone help!

4. Ninjamonkey9

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice