1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP TX2-1020us Caps/Num Lock Flashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chetjordan2002, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chetjordan2002

chetjordan2002 Thread Starter

As seen in the title I'm having quite a problem. The screen doesn't come on at all. Sometimes the fan starts up sometimes it doesn't. I've tried everything I can think of from re-seating RAM and Hard Drive, to taking out the battery and power and holding the power button for 10-30 seconds. I also tried re-seating the keyboard and mouse cables as well as the CMOS batter to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

2. Bradthecru

Bradthecru

The flashing is a diagnostics code. I'm reading around the net and finding that it could be a number of things, from a bad CPU to bad RAM. Unfortunately, I'm not finding a list of the different codes to help us.

In your reseating of the RAM, did you happen to try them just one at a time to make sure you don't have a bad stick? This is the first thing I would do as it is the easiest thing to try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/990205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice