1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Tx2500 Tablet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hakker, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakker

Hakker Thread Starter

Alright well, i just recently bought this tablet from cosco (go figure) for around $1000

Windows Vista Home Premium
    2812 GB RAM
    HD Radeon 3200
    AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70 ~2.0ghz

I wish i could tell you more, but i cant get the computer running long enough to even run a dxdiag and save the information.

Basically, its been hell since the start. First, the computer would freeze after the vista login logo displayed, and would require a restart. Then, when you turned it on, it would say it was trying to configure updates and would be frozen at 0% until you restarted it. Occasionaly, it decides not to configure updates and let me log in. About ~20% of the time i usually have no problems, and am able to use the tablet like normal, but with increasing frequency it will either freeze completely until i restart it, or the screen will go completely black, again until i restart it.

Im thinking it might possibly be an overheating issue, but im really not sure

Ive tried updating the drivers, removing bloatware, scanning viruses etc/etc (the machine came running nearly 100 processes as soon as i turned it on). Everything short of reformatting it.

Anyone have any idea of what could be the issue? Is there a problem with this certain model that im missing? Thanks for any help/insight into this problem that anyone can give.

2. Specsnow

Specsnow

Hi there,

It sounds like you have an "Automatic Updates" issue. Microsoft's Update feature is both handy and deadly at the same time. MANY people have trouble with it. I'd recommend going into the control panel and disabling Automatic Updates and see if that solves your problem. if it does, just remember that you are no longer being updated automatically, and you should check Windows Update once every week or two, just to be safe against the latest security flaws, and maybe Microsoft will release an update to fix your problem with their software.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice