1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP vs17e monitor has buzzing noise.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zeppfan, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeppfan

Zeppfan Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a HP vs17e monitor that has an audible buzzing noise constantly. It does cut in and out when I click a new Internet site or link for as long as the link takes to open, then the buzzing returns. Any ideas are welcome. I have only been aware of the buzzing for maybe a week or so.

I am going to check on a few more settings to see if other applications can run without buzzing through the monitor, or whether I am ready for that wide screen.

Thanks

2. Zeppfan

Zeppfan Thread Starter

I have an update on the buzzing.

I think it may be my monitor, but Mozilla Firefox may be the culprit. The buzzing is more high pitched and constant in Mozilla. When I open any application or Internet Explorer(stopped getting sound from IE two months ago), the buzzing sounds more like galloping horses and static with a lower pitch.

3. arknorth

arknorth

Is the sound coming from the screen or the speakers built into the bottom? And if so, have you tried unplugging the sound jack to see if it goes away? If so, the problem could be the jacks on either end.

Old sound tech trick - pull and plug the jacks in and out a few times, then while jacked in, twist them a bit to make sure there isn't any carbon buildup.

A-N

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice