1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp w2007 help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lianarose, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lianarose

lianarose Thread Starter

Hey, so I bought an HP w2007 monitor from a thrift store, and it keeps saying VGA Input and DVI input with No input signal, along with check video cable.

Im not sure how to fix it and im new to fixing computers as well as these issues.

Im honestly not sure if I bought something thats fried or not working. It was cheap too.

Any advice will be helpful, thank you.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The HP w2007 20" LCD Monitor has the choice of using a blue VGA port or a white DVI-D port to connect it to a desktop computer.

Capture.JPG

Which one of those 2 ports are you using?

Did you confirm that monitor was working before you purchased it and brought it home?

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. lianarose

lianarose Thread Starter

The store I got it from doesnt let us plug it in, and Im not sure why. Im not sure what ports im using (sorry) but ill post a picture. I dont think it came with either.

Attached Files:

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What do you expect a monitor to do when it has no inputs? Don't you have a device for which you want the monitor to be the display?

5. lianarose

lianarose Thread Starter

tbh i impulse bought thinking it would have everything because there was nothing that went with it. VERY dumb on my part, I know. I have a laptop if thats what you mean.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Moved thread from Networking to Hardware.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If your laptop has either of those ports (the output version) and you have the proper video cable you can use the monitor as an external display.

8. lianarose

lianarose Thread Starter

Alrighty

9. lianarose

lianarose Thread Starter

Sorry, I have another question. If I bought a desktop, can I hook it up to the monitor? If so, how do I do it? Thank you

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the brand name and model name and model number of your laptop?
    Which Windows version(XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10) is it running?

Am I correct in assuming you've never owned and set up and used a desktop computer system?

--------------------------------------------------------------

11. lianarose

lianarose Thread Starter

You're correct, lmao. As far as computers go I've had an all and one and a laptop. That's all. Also for my laptop im using an HP, windows 10, and the laptop is an intel core i3 8th gen. (thats what it says on it)

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Yes, assuming it has a VGA or a DVI-D port or an HDMI port.

Depending on the computer port and monitor port you use connect the appropriate cable and, if necessary, adapter.

For example, you might use an HDMI (output) to DVI (input) cable (your laptop may have an HDMI port).

13. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    If your laptop is a HP brand, it will have a model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N).
    Check the labels on the bottom of the case or inside the battery compartment.

Once it's correctly identified, we should be able to determine which type of video ports it has.
    We also should be able to locate its support site which should show you how to use it with an external monitor.

----------------------------------------------------------------

14. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Did you buy thinking it was a complete computer , like an all-in-1 , do you want to spend more money on creating a desktop computer with using that as a monitor.
    I would take it back to the thrift shop and maybe give them 10% it its a charity - unless you really have a need for it.
    New and refurbished Monitors are also available very cheaply maybe have a look at amazon - not sure what country you are in , but have a search at monitors and measure the diagonal size of the screen should be 20" , that will allow you to compare
    Its not a great monitor going by the reviews and does not have a HDMI input.

Maybe worth rethinking before you spend a lot of time and money on something you purchased that is not what you actuslly thought you were buying

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice