Hp wants me to flash my bios!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plutar

I recently was using a trial version of Alcohol 120% to mount an image on a virtual drive, after I was done with that I tried to unmount the image and it said my trial was over! Suddenly Xp was very sluggish and in the task manager it said that system idle process was at a lofty 97 under cpu usage... I couldn't do anything but turn off my computer. Now I can't even boot into windows. I can only go into safe mode. In the device manager I have code 37s under plug and play Bios extension and PnP Bios extension. I already did the uinstall reinstall bit with those two and that failed to make a difference. Hp says I need to update my bios, however The program I downloaded won't run, presumebly due to me being in safe mode. Hp has suggested that I make a boot disk but I can't seem to figure this out... Suggestions? Help? Mainly I want to know if I can fix this without flashing the bios but if I can't can somebody give me DETAILED step-by-step instructions on creating a boot disk with my bios update files on it? Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online