1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Warranty Support

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by mlmorris, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mlmorris

mlmorris Thread Starter

A local retailer has told an acquaintance that the HP warranty support is unsatisfactory - long delays, inadequate or no repairs.

Does anyone have any recent experience with this? i searched this forum, but I didn't find much.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

3. mlmorris

mlmorris Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.

However, that link provides reviews of tech support.

I am interested in how good HP's warranty support is. For example, what happens if you need to have a computer repaired that is under warranty. Do you need to ship it to an HP facility? Is there local warranty repair service (Dell has this)? Do the repairs work? How long does it take to get warranty repairs done? Is it difficult to get HP to respond? Etc.

4. Wino

Wino

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I don't have experience with HP, but bought a Dell laptop direct from Dell (not a retailer) and paid for the next day on-site warranty for three years. During the three years, I had the motherboard replaced, and also the DVD burner. A tech came to my home and replaced these on the day after I called both times, as promised.

It is kind of expensive insurance. But if you are college student and depend on the laptop, you really can't afford to send it off to the manufacturer for repair, and (maybe) get it back in 2-3 weeks.

6. jp1203

jp1203

I can't speak much on behalf of their consumer support, but their enterprise IT support is awesome. If I have a machine with a dying hard drive, for instance, I start a web chat with them to tell them what's going on. In no time at all, they dispatch the part via UPS next day air and give me a prepaid label to send the old drive back with. No nonsense.

I have heard many consumer support horror stories, though...and with just about any company the two support departments are very different animals.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Enterprise support is great because you pay for it. You can probably select 2-day service for a consumer computer as well. But most people don't want to actually pay money for it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice