1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp ze4500 running very slow

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mitsulancer91, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitsulancer91

Mitsulancer91 Thread Starter

okay, yesterday my uncle traded me a hp ze4500 running xp for some computer work he needed done. it wasn't really full of files but i deleted un used programs, defragmented it, installed the free version of avast anti virus and ran the updates it needed. after all that about 12 hours later i installed WMP11. i understand that this laptop is just shy of 8 years old but my grandmother before she passed away had the ze4900 and its still running flawlessly. i dont have but 3 pictures and 8 songs on here so far along with HTC sync for my android phone..... not much going on here but it takes forever to get something to install, open task manager, open firefox or really do anything and God forbid if i try to do 2 things at once. ive tryed everything i could think of but with no success. as i look at the task manager there are 30 processes running and the cpu stays at around 2-9% but when i type it spikes up to around 16-28% im leary to go in to the c: files because i dont wanna fry this thing by deleting anything. im trying to be as thuro as possible while not knowing what to look for. if i go under performance via Task Manager totals are10879 threads are440 processes are30. physical memory total is 195568k available is 21480k and system cache is 43568k commit charge is total 373952k limit is 476060k and peak is 416062k. kernal memory is 45040k paged is 26520k and nonpaged is 18520k i dont know if any of this info will help anyone but its worth a shot all input is welcome, thanx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!