1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP1102W Printer gone wild.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coineeze, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coineeze

coineeze Thread Starter

I have an HP 1102W printer set up in a wireless office environment with an HPd4 laptop running W7 64bit. I installed the printer software from the CD and it ran well in the wireless mode for about 3 months. We experienced network issues after the Halloween Snowstorm in the northeast when we lost ISP service for about a day and ever since, this particular printer has gone wild. It'll either print multiple copies of a print job where 1 copy was selected, or alternatively not print at all. I have uninstalled the printer all together, reinstalled using a different HP1102W printer with the same result. I then installed it to run using a USB cable rather than wireless and it works just fine. My conclusion is that something in the wireless circuitry either needs to be reset or it's defective. Last, I wirelessly connected to a Brother 7840W in the office from this PC and it printed just fine.
    Anyone have a clue how I can recover the wireless ability originally experience with the HP 1102W?:confused:
    Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice