1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp4100 recurring spots

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hmns, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmns

hmns Thread Starter

Hi, I have an hp4100 that has spots recurring vertically every 39mm on print jobs. I have tried the cleaning page feature to no avail, blew the printer out with compressed air, cleaned all the rollers, replaced the maintenace kit.

This all started when I replaced the 61X toner cartridge. The new one printed OK, but by the end of the day the users complained about spots. I found a set of two spots slightly offset from one another every 39 mm on the page. Swapping maintenance kits did not affect the spots.

Since the only change I could see was when I swapped in the old depleted toner cartridge, and 39mm is the diameter of the toner cartridge's magnetic "primary charging" roller, I returned the new cartridge as defective.

The second new cartridge installed printed fine for a few pages, and has now developed a similar dot- every 39mm- on the prints, although in a different place on the page.

I can find nothing floating around inside the printer, but have cleaned the interior of the printer thoroughly and have a hard time believing that I got two defective cartridges in a row. Could there be something elsewhere in the printer that could cause the primary charging roller to develop spots?

I will post back with any solutions or developments I find on this hp4100 printer problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/732561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice