1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP550 Touchpad freeze

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flux333, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

Hi,

after 10-15 minutes working on my computer, the touchpad freezed. It won't move. The pointer is stuck. Not working eather right or left button. This is happening every time. But when i put my usb mouse, than seems to be ok, it's working. Without usb mouse works for 10-15 (than freeze) - with usb mouse is working perfectly fine.

What seems to be the problem with my touchpad?

Thanks.

2. TekTime

TekTime

1.) Try booting in "Safe Mode."
    (Pressing F8 multiple times after booting, and in the boot menu presented, choose "Safe Mode with Networking").
    Do you get the problem in safe mode?

If the problem still exists in safe mode => 2.) Try reinstalling/updating the drivers (the link for your PC is below)..

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-61657-1

...post back with results.

3. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

Yes, maybe i need to reinstall the drivers. I think that i install all of them with only 1 cd, everything is working fne, only my touchpad makes troubles.....i will reinstall and i will post back.

Thx TekTime. ;]

4. TekTime

TekTime

You're welcome!

5. Flux333

Flux333 Thread Starter

(i have reinstalled the driver) It's working more than 30 minutes now....maybe it's fixed. Thanks again!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice