1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hposm has caused an error in OLEAUT32.DLL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redbravada, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redbravada

redbravada Thread Starter

I keep getting this error message on my computer. And then it says that Hposm will now close. Its say if it continues to restart the computer, but that doesn't keep it from coming back. What does it mean and how can I get rid of it? My computer has Windows ME.
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

2. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

Are you running anything when the problem occurs? And does it specify a specific program where the problem occurred?

3. redbravada

No, it can happen at any time.

4. redbravada

It doesn't say anything about any progams either.

5. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

Okay, try this. If you can get online, go download that certain DLL file. Now, rename it as OLEAUT32(1).DLL and put it in the same folder. Delete the original DLL, then rename the other file you downloaded accordingly, OLEAUT32.DLL. Restart the computer. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you either have a Hewlett Packard computer or a Hewlett Packard product? Either way, it sounds like something to do with HP is causing the problem.

6. redbravada

Where am I suppose to download this file from? My computer is a Dell but my printer is an HP.

7. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

Okay, nevermind about the DLL file then.

Great, it is a Dell computer. My specialty. Uninstall the HP printer software and reinstall it. That's the easy way. The hard way was what I stated above. You can download the DLL by inputting the DLL file into Google and it will give you many sites to download it from. Also, try http://www.dll-files.com/. But the first thing I stated above here sounds to be the best bet.

How long you had the problem? You could try System Restore as well, but I doubt that fixes anything. Worth a shot, eh?

8. redbravada

I already had tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling. I also went on the the HP site and downloaded any updates and installed them. It still didn't help. I think the problem started when I installed the new printer.

9. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

It looks like the problem follows the printer and it's drivers/software. But you said you already uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I can't understand. Have you installed any other programs since then that might conflict with this?

10. redbravada

I haven't installed anything else. The computer and printer all work fine except the error message popping up on the screen every so often. It just anoying.

11. SacsTC

SacsTC

12. redbravada

Thanks I will take a look at that in the morning and see if can help. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks again for now.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice