1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hpqgpc01.exe - Application Error Occurs Upon Shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jellybelli, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellybelli

jellybelli Thread Starter

Help how to fix this problem?!
    A parallel install was previously installed for our Windows Vista Home Premium to fix our computer because of a file corruption in the system.
    Upon the successful fixing that was done, I manually copied and pasted program files that was from the "windows.old" file, which I transferred to the current new, fixed one.

Now, I am not sure why, but there is an error message the pops-up upon shutting down windows.

[​IMG]

I do think that it probably has something to do with the things that I copied and pasted.
    I may have duplicated or copied thing that weren't compatible or what not.
    I really don't know what the message error means and I would like to get rid of it..

P.S. - I am just a 14 year old girl who has little knowledge in technology
    [and who is by the way, is extracted by family if something goes wrong in the computer] >.<

Help! I really don't know anyone nearby to seek help in this technological matter..
    Sadly, Microsoft now requires payment for their support service.. which I used to rely on in terms of these situations..

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

hello and welcome :)
    try running sfc /scannow , start>type cmd RIGHT click it(in the menu) and choose "run as administrator", type sfc /scannow>enter (note the space between sfc and /scannow, it may repair the bad file, if not post back with what version of vista your running.... i.e. vista home premium 32bit

good luck

upon further research, have you installed an hp printer/software ?, appears thats one of there files, sfc will not fix it, try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/983605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice