HpScanner Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cristyna77

A friend of ours manage to break 2 of our scanners and wanted to rectify the situation by buying us another scanner. A computer bud of hers gave her a HP Scanjet 4100c flatbed scanner and she gave us our "new" scanner-WITHOUT the software or either of the USB and AC power cord. We have a universal USB we can use, but the question we have is whether or not a Universal AC adapter (at the correct voltage), will work ok with the scanner. The specs on the bottom of the scanner say it requires a 30VDC/400mA voltage adapter which we should be able to find at RadioShack.

So are we SOL, or will it work?

Eagerly awaiting a response,
cristyna77

cristyna77

Right on! Found the software AND drivers I need for the scanner.

Thanks a bunch for the speedy response!

cristyna77 :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, I don't think you'll find that power supply at RS, 30V seems like an odd-ball voltage for most generic supplies. I'd bite the bullet and get it from HP.

cristyna77

Will order from the Hp site then.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the delayed reply.

:)
cristyna77

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online