1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hptskmgr.exe runs every 15 minutes - MAKE IT STOP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CompMan86, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CompMan86

CompMan86 Thread Starter

hptskmgr.exe (HP Task Management Component) runs every 15 minutes and dies 21 seconds later. This wouldn't bother me except that when it runs, just before it closes, I get an icon on the task bar with no title in it for about a second and then it disappears. It's very distracting. I have an HP PSC2510 all in one printer. With the old driver package it never did it, but once I reinstalled the driver package (because they were screwing up) this started happening. Anyone know why this is happening, and if there is a way to disable it? Thanks!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You should be able to disable it by going to Start -> Run -> type MSCONFIG and press Enter. Then go to the Startup tab and disable it.

3. CompMan86

CompMan86 Thread Starter

It's not in startup =\

HP software that is there is hpcmpmgr.exe and HPWuSchd2.exe...both sound like they could be the evil ones, but I don't know if I'm going to lose functionality if I disable them

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice